This summer heat calls for a detox from the inside out! Our favourite method is using black charcoal which has been found to bind to toxins, helping to eliminate them from our bodies. Black charcoal is the perfect ingredient to help rid your skin of those layers of sunscreen, foundation, and any other summertime excess you may be carrying around. From the Noire facemask to this super simple black sesame charcoal soft serve, I strongly suggest implementing black charcoal into your skincare regimen, you can thank me later.
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 4 frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp black charcoal
- Add black sesame seeds to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until oil begins to weep out of them, and they are ground fully.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth, adding additional coconut milk 1 tbsp at a time if you cannot get the mixture to blend fully.
- Serve the ice cream immediately, or store in the freezer until desired.
- Serve by spooning the soft serve into a piping bag and piping into a swirl on your favourite type of ice cream cone.
- Enjoy with friends while relaxing in your Noire face mask.
SHOP THE STORY
MEET THE CONTRIBUTER
Logan is a recent Nutrition graduate who aims to bring his knowledge of health & wellness into the recipes he creates while focusing on using nourishing, whole foods that won’t break the bank. In showing that veganism can be both healthy & affordable, Logan creates dishes that are as accessible as they are delicious.
CONNECT WITH LOGAN